Running Events – What's On around Ireland
The problem with New Year’s resolutions is that they start in January. Cold, wet weather and short days are not conducive to exercising outdoors. Downloading the couch-to-5K app is one thing. Sticking to the programme week in, week out is quite another.
We all know one of the best way to ensure you keep your resolutions and achieve your targets is to give yourself a goal. Signing up to one of the many 5K and 10K races happening around the country over the next few months is sure to keep you motivated.
We’ve got lots of running events and walks listed on InspireMe.ie. Below is just a selection to start you off. In addition, some of the races below are fundraisers for really great causes. So not only will you feel good, you’ll be doing good too!
January Running Events
- Rundermot Sunday 14th January in Castledermot, Co Kildare in aid of the Mental Health Association
- The New Year 5K/10K Challenge Sunday 14th January in Collinstown, Co. Westmeath
- The Great Heath Run Sunday 21st January in The Heath, Co. Laois
- Charlie Curran Memorial Run 2018 Sunday 28th January, Carlow Town. All proceeds go to two charities – Heart Children Ireland & Billy’s World Ireland
- Esker Celtic 5K run Sunday 28th January Lucan, Co. Dublin
- Milford Hospice 10K walk/run Sunday 28th January in UL Sports Arena, Limerick. All of the proceeds go directly to Milford Hospice
- Kinnitty Castle 10k Knight Run Friday 2nd January in Kinnitty, Co. Offaly. (A run though the Slieve Bloom Mountains under the light of the Full Moon. Perhaps this is one for more experienced runners?)
February Running Events
- The 2018 Maree 8K Run Sunday 4th February in Oranmore, Co. Galway
- Wexford Credit Union Night Run Thursday 8th February On the Quay Front Wexford is in aid of both the Irish Kidney Association and Marine Watch.
- The Anne Valley 5 Mile Challenge Saturday 10th February in Dunhill, Co. Waterford. This run is aid of the Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation.
- The Gorgeous Gort 5K Sunday 11th February in Gort, Co. Galway
- Ballykelly GFC 10K, 5K and kids 2.5K Sunday 18th February in Monasterevin, Co, Kildare.
Another proven way to keep your resolve is to enlist a friend to train with you. So why not persuade someone to join you in your goal of targeting one of the races above? 2018 could become the year you cross the finishing line.
Finally, all of these events are correct at the time of publishing. However we recommend you check with the event organiser before you travel. We have lots of more on InspireMe.ie. Sign up here and save your favorites.