Oranmore Arts Festival
In Oranmore in the County Galway….
The inaugural Oranmore Arts Festival is happening from May 10th to 13th. The theme for the weekend is Meitheal, highlighting the wonderful cooperative spirit that thrives in this beautiful coastal community.
There are events for all ages and interests. Many of them are free of charge and all of them sound fun!
Oranmore Arts Festival – 6 Top Picks
- The festival will start off on a musical note. Three of Galway’s finest sopranos, Delia Boyce, Hildegarde Naughton and Sandra Schalks, otherwise known as Bel Canto, will perform in the library on Thursday evening. This is sure to be a sensational opening to the weekend’s festivities. Find out more here
- Thursday night there will be an acoustic session in the Porthouse. If you think you’ve got talent, now’s your time to shine. Bring an instrument, exercise those vocal cords and take to the stage. Find out more here.
- Unboxed Oranmore is a regular hit amongst music lovers in Galway. The idea of the Unboxed format is very simple. If you have vinyl in the attic or shed you dig it out and play it on the night. This Festival edition of the concept is sure to produce some classic tunes and a great night. Find out more here.
- Pieta House Darkness Into Light will take place on Oranmore in the early hours of Saturday 12th. On Friday there are two lantern making workshops being organised by Toodlelou Creativity Lab to to provide to those partaking in walk on the morning. Find out more here.
- Kudo’s Night Club in THE place to be on Saturday afternoon. Babies and toddlers can get their groove on at Oranmores’ first ever Baby Disco. Suitable for ages 0 – 6 years, this should be a highlight of the festival. Find out more here.
- Branar Téatar are bringing Woolly’s Quest to Oranmore on Sunday 13th. A rip-roaring yarn, Woolly’s Quest has it all. Branar weaves together storytelling, music, song and puppetry in a pulsating show that will have audiences of all ages hooked! Suitable for ages 6 and over, there will be two showings of this magical performance. Find out more here.
Only a taste…
That is only a small selection of the events happening throughout the weekend. We have lots more listed on InspireMe.ie. And visit www.oranmoreartsfestival.ie for a full roundup of what’s on…
There are 1000’s of brilliant events listed from all around the country, all year around. Visit InspireMe.ie to find out what’s on near you. And sign up to save your favorites. Finally all details were correct at time of publication. Please confirm with the organisers before you travel.