Tralee Bay Swimming Club are proud to announce details of The 66th Annual Christmas Day Swim in Fenit . Once again the collection will be in aid of RNLI Fenit Lifeboats . The swim will take place at 12 noon. The swim will begin with The traditional singing of Jingle Bells and then Santa will sound the bell for the first of 3 dashes into the water . The winter swimmers will enjoy a longer swim . The Fenit Christmas swim is one of the oldest in the country and is the largest in Kerry . There will be c 800 swimmers on the day with c2000 family members cheering them on . It’s a great start to the festivities for the day , so come along and enjoy the fun. The Lifeboat crews will be there collecting and will have loads of hot teas , coffees and soup available so please give generously . They will also be in the water for your safety . We would ask that you arrive early and park sensibly . Parking will be at a premium and you may have to walk a small bit . Please follow these safety guidelines
1) Arrive in plenty of time
2) Wear your swimwear under your clothes .
3) Stay dressed and warm until the last minute .
4) It is advisable to wear footwear to avoid cutting your feet on any stones .
5) Do NOT dive directly into the water . Wet your face first and gradually lower yourself in .
6) When the swim is over , get dried off and put on layers of warm clothes and a hat as quickly as possible and get a hot drink of tea , coffee , chocolate or soup .
7) Avoid alcohol completely before the swim and afterwards for at least a half an hour until you are warm . Alcohol will interfere with the warming up process and can react badly to cold shock .
😎 Have a GREAT time and enjoy the atmosphere and craic !
Colourful, professional, talented and entertaining - listen to the members of the Emergency Services as they play your favourite popular mel...
National Concert Hall, Dublin 2
Join the museum knitters this summer and work on your knitting and crochet skills. Start a new project or get help finishing an old one! Exc...
National Museum of Ireland - Country Life, Castlebar
ENJOY A BACK TO SCHOOL WEEKEND OF SUSTAINABLE FOOD AND ZERO WASTE AT AIRFIELD ESTATE Artisan & Street Food Village, Craft Bee...
Airfield Estate, Dublin