Cavan Arts Festival 2019 – An Arty Party For Everyone
After a tremendous first year in 2018, the Cavan Arts Festival is back. With an incredible line up of top quality local, national and international talent, this year’s edition promises to deliver entertainment for all interests and ages.
Head to Con Smith Park in Cavan town, between Friday 17 May and Sunday 19 May, for an arty party. Most events are free, although there will be donation buckets here and there. Given the quality of the performers over the weekend, a contribution to the festival will be well deserved.
Here’s our pick of what’s on…
- Local man Kevin McGahern will regale festival goers on Friday night from 10pm with some stand-up comedy. Best known for hosting RTÉ’s Republic of Telly and for his role as Sim Card in Hardy Bucks, McGahern is the perfect man to get the party started.
- Relive your misspent youth through your offspring at Saturday morning’s Baby Rave. DJ Fiona Flynnstar will be manning the decks. Guaranteed fun for all ages.
- Overstyled and underdressed, the Lords of Strut are taking to the Big Top on Saturday afternoon at 2pm. Are they dancers? Comedians? Messers? Only one way to find out…
- On Sunday the good vibes continue throughout the day. At 3pm the Cavan Sinfonia Orchestra will perform an eclectic mix of musical pieces.
- There will be no leaving early either. Stay put for the final performance of the festival. Zaska will serve up a blend of modern funk, jazz and R&B at 9pm on Sunday night, no doubt closing out the festival in style.
But this is only a taste of the great programme of events planned for the weekend. Visit cavanartsfestival.ie for lots more details. And make sure to take time to stroll around. Brimming with workshops, performances, talks and talent, the entire park will become an open-air exhibition of visual art and sculpture for the weekend.
The Cavan Arts Festival is sure to become a highlight of the Arts Calendar in Ireland for years to come. It’s definitely worth making a trip to the Lake County this May.
All details were correct at time of publication, but please be sure to confirm details with the event organisers before you travel. Check out InspireMe.ie for lots more great festivals happening throughout the summer.