8 Heritage Week Highlights for Ulster
Heritage Week comes at the perfect time of the year. The first signs of Autumn are in the air. But school is still out, and we are not ready to let go of Summer 2018 yet. There are hundreds of fantastic events happening all over the country giving plenty of opportunities to get out and about. And best of all, events are free. Here’s just a few of our Heritage Week highlights for Ulster But visit heritageweek.ie for even more
Heritage Week in Ulster
- If you go down to the woods in Cavan on Saturday 18th August, you’re sure of a nice surprise. The Teddy Bear Walk in Deerpark Forest will be lots of fun. Find out more here.
- Be king (or queen) of the castle in Donegal Town on Sunday 19th at the Medieval Family Day At Donegal Castle. Find out more here.
- Take an amazing musical journey through the battlefields of World War 1 without leaving Letterkenny Library on Tuesday 21st. Find out more here
- Go Wild On Wild Child Day on Wednesday 22nd in Monaghan’s Rossmore Park. Pond dipping, electro fishing and nature trails are all part of the programme. Find out more here.
- A trip to the most Northern part of the Island and a lesson on a galaxy far, far away are all up for grabs in Malin Head on Thursday 23rd. Find out more here.
- If you’re looking for something to float your boat in Cavan on Sunday 26th, we have just the thing. Take a boat trip from Crover House Pier to Church Island. Find out about Lough Sheelin and its heritage. More details here
- There’s something fishy going on in Donegal’s Glenveagh National Park on Sunday 26th. Learn about the life cycles of salmon, trout, sea trout and eels to name a few. Find out more here
- Monaghan needs nature detectives in the Ballybay Wetlands Centre on Sunday 26th, to uncover the creatures of the deep (aka pondlife) Lots of family fun in store. Find out more here.
More Heritage Week Events
This is just a few of the fantastic events that are taking place as part of Heritage week. Check out www.inspireme.ie for even more events close to you. All details were correct at time of publication but please check with local organisers before you travel.