13 Spooktacular Online Halloween Events
It’s a Halloween like no other. And while the nationwide lockdown has put paid to trick or treating and our usual midterm events, fear not. We have 13 fangtastic online Halloween events for all ages to enjoy, without leaving your home.
Our favourite virtual Halloween Events
- Spleodar Halloween Arts Festival Nenagh is currently underway and they are celebrating their 20th year with an innovative programme of online events for tots to teens.(Until Saturday. Mainly free but registration required for some events)) Link: Spleodar
- Hullabaloo!, an Offaly based children’s arts festival will move online for 4 mega days of commotion, thrills, and adventures. Plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained for the midterm break. (Wednesday to Saturday. Free but registration required for some events) Link: Hullabaloo Festival
- This year’s Bram Stoker Festival is bringing 4 deadly days of adventures to your home via a terrifying online programme.(Friday to Monday. Free) Link: Bram Stoker Festival
- Samhain Limerick’s Halloween Festival has lots of online events including lantern making festivals and, if you are feeling brave, a virtual death café. (Thursday to Saturday. Free) Link: Samhain Facebook Page
- Check out the Crawford Arts Gallery’s Halloween inspired workshop ‘The Witches Parade‘ for some spooky puppet making.(Anytime. Free) Link: Crawford Art Gallery
- Get creative with the Chester Beatty Library and join their live online workshop – Mask Madness (Thursday. Free but need to register) Link: Chester Beatty Library
- Get down with Dracula. The Ark are hosting Dracula’s Disco 2020 an online family boogie. (Sunday. Free but ticketed) The Ark
- The Clonmel Zombie walk becomes a Zoombie walk for 2020. Enjoy a spooky and entertaining hour of music, games, stories and you can join in with your family. (Saturday. Free but ticketed) Link: Eventbrite Page
- Trick or Treat for Temple Street is a fun way to celebrate while raising funds for a very worthy cause. Check out their great ideas and recipes for a fiendishly good fundraiser. (Anytime) Link: Trick or Treat for Temple Street
- Púca Festival will share the world premiere of a short film celebrating Ireland’s authentic claim to be the original birthplace of Halloween on their Facebook page. (Saturday. Free) Link: Púca Facebook Page
- The Kerry Writers Museum are storytelling experts. So we have high expectations for their spooky tales for Halloween. (Saturday. Free but email to register) Link: Facebook Page
- Learn how to make healthy Halloween snacks with an interactive online workshop for children with Cool School Food and Lucan Library. (Thursday. Free but ticketed) Link: Eventbrite
- EPIC, the award winning emigration museum are hosting a virtual, around the world, trick or treating extravaganza. (Thursday and Friday. €7.50 per family) Link: EPIC museum
Halloween Events in Level 5
As you can see, people in the arts are doing their utmost to entertain and delight us in these tricky times. The ingenuity and effort that goes in to these online events must be commended. Please support if you can, and when the doors open again, let’s all form an orderly queue!
Don’t forget to bookmark our weekly what’s on guide for the best things to do each week in Ireland. Also you can follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for lots more inspiration and things to do.
Finally, all details on our list of things to do are correct at time of publication. Please check with the organiser before finalising your plans. In addition, we ask that you are mindful of the current HSE Covid -19 guidelines at all times.
Do you have a great event coming up? So tell us all about it here.